“I want.” Childish requirements that are for the most part unfounded but worth throwing a tantrum over if they aren’t received.
- I want to be able to sit in the peace and quiet of my own privacy and read, cry at a sappy television series, or Skype my friends without the audience of another human.
- I want to be able to listen to my favorite songs without wanting to burst into tears.
- I want to be able to make it through the day without needing a nap so that I can fall asleep at a reasonable hour.
- I want plans to not fall through.
- I want to turn 21 surrounded by the people I love the most in a “birthday bitch” sash and crown.
- I want someone to send me flowers.
- I want to be genuinely surprised.
- I want girlfriends that are without question bridesmaids.
- I want time to read for leisure.
I want to believe that these things aren’t impossible.